Our Park Changelog attempts to list every addition, removal, or improvement Six Flags over Texas makes on a season-by-season basis. Too often are the park’s minor capital improvements overshadowed by new rides, so this Changelog gives the ultimate answer to the question, “What’s new or different at Six Flags over Texas this year?“
Did we miss something? Tell us by leaving a comment, using the contact form on this page, or posting in the Forums.
Six Flags over Texas added The Joker for 2017, continuing the expansion of Gotham City that started in 2016. Shock Wave’s VR also received a makeover with the augmented reality of Galactic Attack.
- New ride The Joker added
- Shock Wave VR changed to augmented reality (Galactic Attack)
- Concrete walkway along the entrance (near La Vibora) was re-paved and widened, increasing capacity
- New railroad crossing added at Boomtown/Gotham area
Suggest a Park Change We Missed
Six Flags over Texas added 2 new rides for 2016 and revamped a third as part of a Gotham City section expansion. Shock Wave got a temporary technological upgrade with the addition of VR headsets, turning it into the “New Revolution.”
- New rides Riddler Revenge and Catwoman Whip added
- Crazy Legs repainted and renamed to Harley Quinn Spinsanity
- Samsung Gear VR headsets added to Shock Wave for a limited time in Spring.
- Johnny Rockets in Goodtimes Square renovated
- Casa de las Banderas reopens with an outdoor bar
- Metal detectors moved to covered entrance before the ticket booths. Separating the metal detectors from the ticket scanners boosts efficiency and entry speed.
The biggest change for 2015 was the addition of the interactive dark ride Justice League: Battle for Metropolis, finally making use of the long-defunct Adventure Theater.
- Justice League: Battle for Metropolis added to the USA section.
- Extensive retracking of Judge Roy Scream completed.
- Aquaman repainted with a teal flume and orange supports.
- Texas Giant switches its trains back to 6 cars after temporarily reducing to 5 during 2014.
- New sit-down restaurant Go Fresh Cafe replaces Newman’s Corn Dogs (Texas section).
- Flags Funnel Cakes is replaced by La Cantina.
- Jelly Belly store added.
- Switchbacks added at park entrance to create a single line in order to boost efficiency.
For 2014 the children’s area got a much-needed makeover with the renovation of Looney Tunes USA into Bugs Bunny Boomtown. Several name changes for restaurants and the early closure of Roaring Rapids due to construction on the new-for-2015 Justice League: Battle for Metropolis ride was also seen during 2014.
- Bugs Bunny Boomtown revamps and replaces much of Looney Tunes USA.
- Rock-N-Rocket removed as construction begins to replace it with Justice League.
- Adventure Theater building undergoes construction to turn it into housing for Justice League ride.
- Rancho de Pollo renamed Totally Kickin’ Chicken.
- Goldminer’s Diner renamed as Macho Nacho.
Besides introducing the world’s tallest swing ride for 2013, Six Flags over Texas also began to introduce some more varied and higher-quality food options, like the fresh-cut, premium-topped fries at Granny’s Grill.
- Texas SkyScreamer introduced
- 6 Below Ice Cream added in the Old South/France section (where Aunt Addie Jean’s Back Porch Cafe used to be years ago)
- Ben and Jerry’s near the front gate turned into Flags Famous Funnel Cakes
- Ben and Jerry’s in Old South/France turned into Cold Stone
- Cold Stone in the Tower area refurbished into Bill’s World Famous Lemonade
- Granny’s Funnel Cakes in Looney Tunes USA changed into Granny’s Grill
- Parts of Dry Hole Charlies converted into Bill’s World Famous Lemonade and Dole Fruit Swirls
- Cartoon Candy Kitchen remade into Kids Cartoon
- Part of Looney Tunes Mall turned into a candy store
- Signs added throughout lines encouraging to report line jumpers
- Bathrooms near the border of USA/France painted blue (from pink)
- Studio 6F painted yellow
- Season Dining Pass introduced, allowing up to two meals each visit as a variety of restaurants. SFoT claims it pays for itself in 4 visits (probably assuming you eat two meals each visit).