The SFOT 2017 "Wish List"

General, non-news discussion about Six Flags over Texas.
Coaster4894
Favorite SFoT Ride: Mr. Freeze Reverse Blast

The SFOT 2017 "Wish List"

Post by Coaster4894 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:31 pm

With the site admin probably posting soon on the new ride addition(s), what are some other non-ride additions you would like to see? I find some replies to be quite interesting. Go as extreme as you like... I dare you :D

For the sake of it...here is mine.

-Touch up paint on Coasters (Batman and Freeze need this)
-Better investment for improving the dispatch time on Shockwave with the new VR Helmets
-Themeing restored
>What happened to the effects in Mr. Freeze? And the actual Mr Freeze animatronic?
-Re-instate the strict line jumping policies if possible. This was a problem with my last visit.
Site Member
a.k.a :Christian Allen

BrandonR
Site Admin
Favorite SFoT Ride: New Texas Giant

Re: The SFOT 2017 "Wish List"

Post by BrandonR » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:37 am

I wonder what the plan is with Shock Wave VR. I assumed it was a this-season-only kinda thing.

No clue what happened with the Freeze animatronic. Seems like they turned off the lights for it up there.

I did see the park announce 9/1 as when they'll announce 2017 additions. Looking forward to Thursday!

I'm just hoping they'll do something with Texas Arena. It takes up a decent amount of space and is a huge waste to let it sit there unused until Fright Fest.
Site Administrator, GuideToSFoT.com

Coaster4894

Post by Coaster4894 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:31 pm

I assumed it was a this-season-only kinda thing.
I hope so. I found a video on YouTube that I found interesting where "Coaster Studios" timed the dispatch times at Six Flags America. Now OF COURSE every park's operations are different but it gives the idea of the increased time the VR helmets gave. Superman: Ride of Steel went from a 1:22 dispatch to a staggering 9:48. I saw the same on ShockWave where for the first time in a long time the trains actually stacked on the brake run.

Here is the video if your interested. And It goes with this thread for future improvements to prevent this.

Coaster Studios- So How Bad are Six Flags America's Operations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJcwWl94Xk8
Site Member

BrandonR
Site Admin

Post by BrandonR » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:12 pm

Oh I have no doubt Shock Wave's VR is crippling its capacity. When I rode it a month ago for the second time, we waited - no exaggeration, at least 10-15 minutes after putting the VR goggles on before the train dispatched. I was starting to get nauseous just looking around the same "hangar" while also starting to freak out at not knowing what was happening or what the hold up was. I also didn't want to take my headset off in fear it'd mess up the calibration and all that waiting would have been for nothing.

They were trying to do every other train without goggles but that didn't seem to help any.

I can't complain about such a classic ride getting some new attention and a line for once, I just can't tell if the line is because the added popularity or slower dispatch times. :)

BrandonR
Site Admin

Post by BrandonR » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:32 pm

Who else was surprised by the announcement? Sure it's a clone but I haven't ridden the one at SFFT so I'm not disappointed.

Coaster4894

Post by Coaster4894 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:41 pm

Interested indeed. I know that these S&S 4-D Models are far superior to the one that was built at Magic Mountain. Seeing the videos I cannot tell if this is a rough or smooth ride.
Site Member

BrandonR
Site Admin

Post by BrandonR » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:38 am

I rode the one at SFMM and it was absolutely awful. Pretty sure it made me sterile by crushing my nether regions.

Coaster4894

Post by Coaster4894 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:18 pm

Happy Thanksgiving and Holidays to you all! Here are some pictures of the nearby mall beginning to be demolished.

http://www.sfotsource.com/construction11-20-2016

Enjoy!

~Chris
Site Member

BrandonR
Site Admin

Post by BrandonR » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:59 am

The new ride is going up pretty quickly. It wouldn't surprise me if the trackwork is complete within a few weeks, given how simplistic the structure is.

Wonder when it will open?